Choosing an Independent Wealth Management Firm is challenging for just about everyone. This video from Castlepoint Partner Jake Weatherford reveals seven important questions that will help you, your family, and your friends navigate the process.
Ask yourself and the advisor these seven questions:
- Are they a fiduciary?
- Are they continuing to educate themselves?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they speak to you in language you can actually understand?
- How will you hold one another accountable?
- Do they have the capacity and intelligence to actually listen to you?
- Are they a behavioral coach that will be there to guide you through the good and the bad times?
The content of this video is developed from sources believed to provide accurate information. The information is not intended as tax or legal advice. Please consult legal or tax professionals for specific information regarding your individual situation. All expressions of opinion are subject to change. This content is distributed for informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as an offer, solicitation, recommendation, or endorsement of any particular security, products or services. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Index performance does not reflect the expenses associated with the management of an actual portfolio.